Switzerland is called the land of mountains. This is true, of course, but in addition to its mountains, Switzerland also has an above-average number of lakes, especially large ones, which is why it is also called the "water castle of Europe". Lake Constance (536 square kilometers) and Lake Geneva (580 square kilometers) alone are among the largest lakes in Europe and are worth their own Iron Lake Challenge because of their size.
The lakes of Switzerland are surrounded by wonderful villages and are real "treats" for vacationers and locals. Imagine walking around the ten largest lakes. You will get to know Switzerland as only a few people know it and enjoy moments that are unforgettable.
|Unser Dank für die Unterstützung der Iron Lake Challenge
Switzerland geht an die Firma NORTHERNBREEZE!
NORTHERNBREEZE bietet Dir Outdoor- und Campingprodukte
und Tactical Food. Hast Du zu Hause schon einen Notvorrat?
That's why we have developed the Iron Lake Challenge Swiss. With this you can get the popular collector's medal of the Iron Lake Challenge in the "Switzerland Edition". But you have to work hard to get it! And we mean it, because this Iron Lake Challenge will be a real challenge!
- Sign up for the Iron Lake Challenge Switzerland!
- To conquer the Iron Lake Challenge Switzerland and earn the beautiful collector's medal, you have to walk around the ten largest lakes in Switzerland (excluding Lake Constance and Lake Geneva) after your registration.
- Bicycles, skates, etc. are not allowed, but you are welcome to hike or run.
- Each lake must be circumnavigated "in one piece". This means that you are welcome to take breaks, but you should complete the lake within one day. Of course, you can divide the 10 lakes into different days. Do only one lake per day, because you want to enjoy this time! You have no time limit, which means that you can take several years.
- We trust you that you have really circumnavigated the lakes. However, if you want to be included in the time ranking, we need a copy of your tracking. We don't care what you use (watch, smartphone or app).
General PLEASE NOTE!
- Please note that the Road Traffic Act applies in public traffic areas and along roads and cycle paths. So move considerately.
- You circumnavigate the lakes at your own risk and at your own risk. The operator of this website assumes no liability.
- Please heed medical advice if necessary or have a medical examination before the start of the Challenge. You are responsible for your own health, equipment and condition. Breaking off a tour is not a disgrace, health always comes first!
Important rules for dealing with nature during your lake tour:
- Please take into account the local instructions for the protection of nature.
- Please do not go off the trails.
- Please do not make noise.
- Please do not collect rocks or minerals.
- Please do not collect mushrooms.
- Please do not leave trash lying around.
- Please do not feed animals.
- Please do not make an open fire.
- Please do not pick plants.
This should be obvious to all of us, but it doesn't hurt to remember it from time to time.
Registration and scope of services
The registration fee for the Iron Lake Challenge Switzerland is 24,- EUR.
In this entry fee is our Iron Lake Challenge "Sitzerland Edition" Collector's Medal and the green marble (20mm) of the Timeless Challenge included.
However, for this you first have to go around the ten largest lakes in Switzerland! Only then we will send you the well-deserved medal and marble! After all, you want to earn them and not get them as a gift.
With your registration fee you support my heart project, the Reforestation of one million trees worldwide!
This is how you can register:
- Please click on the logo and you will be redirected to the registration page of our partner Digistore24
- After booking the Iron Lake Challenge You will now receive a confirmation of registration
- Now you have to walk around the ten largest lakes in Switzerland. As soon as you have done this, please send us an excerpt of your tracking as proof. We believe you even without tracking, but then you will not be included in the Iron Lake Museum List.
- After we have checked this, you will receive your well-deserved medal and marble. Easy, isn't it?
Your medal and your marble
If you've walked around Switzerland's ten largest lakes, then you've earned the beautiful Iron Lake Challenge "Switzerland Edition"Medal earned. This can be the first in your upcoming collection from the Iron Lake Challenge.
Life Score points and the Timeless marble
The Iron Lake Challenge is part of our Timeless Challenge. Therefore, you deserve (in addition to the collector's medal) the marble in green (health/sport). This will also be sent to you. The marble will have a diameter of 35mm.
You earn with your performance 500 Life Score points. We will send you these (if you want them) by email. This service is free of charge for you.
The ten largest lakes in Switzerland
In the following we will introduce you to the ten largest lakes in Switzerland. They will accompany you during the challenge and you will experience great hours at them. These are the lakes that you will go around on foot (walking or leisurely hiking).
We have deliberately not taken Lake Constance and Lake Geneva into account, since they extend over several countries. However, we will certainly consider them in the context of further Iron Lake Challenges ;-). But also the Lago Maggiore and the Lago di Lugano are not considered here, because they belong to a large part to Italy. But Switzerland nevertheless has a lot of very large lakes to offer for circumnavigation.
Lake Neuchâtel is a real giant with its 215 square kilometers. You have TWO days to circumnavigate it, because 100 kilometers of beautiful shoreline await you. You will experience sandy beaches like at the sea at Yvonand and you can experience the historic old town of Neuchatel. But you should also take the time to admire the castle of Gorgier.
Tourenvorschläge zur Umrundung des Neuenburgersee:
Lake Viewaldstättersee is a 113 square kilometer lake in central Switzerland, surrounded by the beautiful mountains of the Swiss Alps. To go around it you have to cover between 105 and 140 kilometers (depending on the route). For this reason, you may (and should) take several days for this project. It's worth it, because this lake is a real jewel!
our suggestions for circumnavigating Lake Lucerne
- Off the Trail - circumnavigation of Lake Lucerne. A wonderful and worth reading report
- Alsnuff - Circumnavigation of Lake Lucerne. Many great tips and pictures
The famous Lake Zurich is located in the southeast of Zurich and is another large lake in Switzerland. Its water surface covers about 89 square kilometers and you have to plan several days for a circumnavigation, because about 90 kilometers are waiting for you. By the way, Lake Zurich is one of the most popular residential areas in the world and also scenically beautiful. Therefore, we strongly advise you to plan a little more time.
Tour suggestions for circumnavigating Lake Zurich
- Bikemap: Circumnavigation of Lake Zurich
- Lake Zurich circular route (beautiful, but about 120 kilometers and over 2000 meters of altitude).
With its fjord-like bays, Lake Thun is reminiscent of Norway, and that in the middle of the Bernese countryside. With an area of just under 48 square kilometers, it is considerably smaller than the previous lakes, but you still have to cover about 48 kilometers. You can expect a beautiful landscape and numerous refreshment stops for a short break.
Tour suggestions for circumnavigating Lake Thun
- Bikemap - Circumnavigation Lake Thun
- Hike along the Panorama Trail (but this one is over 60 kilometers long)
Lake Biel, together with Lake Murten (also part of the ILC Switzerland) and Lake Neuchâtel (also part of the ILC Switzerland), is one of the three large Jura lakes in Switzerland in the so-called Three Lakes Country. With a water surface of about 39 square kilometers and a shore length of about 43 kilometers, it will challenge you during the circumnavigation, but also reward you with great views.
Tour suggestions for circumnavigation of Lake Biel
Located in central Switzerland, Lake Zug is famous for its many lidos, a fountain in the lake as well as its beautiful sunsets. With a water surface of about 38 square kilometers and a shore length of about 38 kilometers, Lake Zug also offers a real challenge for a circumnavigation on foot.
Tour suggestions for circumnavigating Lake Zug
Lake Brienz is bordered by the foothills of the Bernese and Emmental Alps. It is known for its steep shores and offers very few shallow water zones. With a water surface of about 30 square kilometers, you have to calculate about 38 kilometers for a circumnavigation of Lake Brienz.
Tour suggestions for circumnavigating Lake Brienz
he small river "Linth" feeds Lake Walen, which is located in the eastern foothills of the Alps. Its water surface is about 24 square kilometers and for a circumnavigation you have to master 44km and about 1500 meters of altitude. So you have a lot of work ahead of you.
Tour suggestions for circumnavigating Lake Walen
With an area of 23 km², Lake Murten is the smallest of the three large Swiss Jura lakes, after Lake Neuchâtel and Lake Biel. But it will also challenge you with its 30 kilometers of footpath during a circumnavigation.
Suggestions for tours around Lake Murten
Lake Sempach is a lake in the Swiss canton of Lucerne and has an area of 14.5 km². If you want to go around it, you will have to walk about 20 kilometers. Even if this lake is not particularly exciting from the view, there are still many sights to discover.
Tour suggestions for circumnavigating Lake Sempach
The Iron Lake Challenge on social media
We would be happy if you share pictures, videos and your experiences around the Iron Lake Challenge with others. For this purpose we provide you with the following hashtags:
The Iron Lake Challenge on Facebook
Of course we also invite you to join our Facebook group "Iron Lake Challenge Discussion Board".
IRON LAKE CHALLENGE SCHWEIZ EHRENTAFEL
Here you can quickly and easily enter your results and upload the evidence (e.g. screen copy of your tracking). We check them and approve them. Then your result is saved and appears in the honor roll.
This is how our honor board works
- Register on our site
- Select the lake you are circumnavigating under "Summit/Lake
- Enter the distance you have covered (in meters) under "Length / Mountain height (in m)"
- Enter the required time (in minutes) under "Time needed (in min).
- Enter the date of your circumnavigation under "date"
- Now you can upload the evidence (e.g. a screenshot of your tracking) under "Upload proof (optional)"
- Now all you have to do is SAVE!
- We check your round and release it. Then you will see your result in the ranking.
Iron Lake Challenge Shop
|We have taken the liberty of presenting a few products related to the Iron Lake Challenge in our Shop anzubieten und hoffen, sie gefallen Dir!