Minimalism is the art of making do with less and thus creating space for important things. It's about the fact that a person doesn't really need that much to be happy. In fact, you'll be happier if you have fewer things standing around, but ones you really love.
But minimalism goes much further. It is about conscious shopping, about contact with people who are important to you and it is about a purposeful life with meaning.
The Minimalism Challege is also about bringing calm to your home.
A new challenge every Monday and Thursday! Stay informed!
We want to plant one million trees worldwide without begging for donations!Uwe (Initiator)
How does the Minimalism Challenge work?
All you need for this challenge is a little self-discipline. For 30 consecutive days, you will be given small daily goals that will allow you to get a taste of the world of "minimalism" and feel the benefits in practice.
If you have completed these 30 daily tasks in one month, then you have truly earned the Life Score points. Write to us after the 30 days and we will send you the well-deserved Life Score points!
30 minimalism tasks in 30 days
- Day: Geh mit offenen Augen in jedes Zimmer Deiner Wohnung. Wirf alles weg was Du offensichtlich nicht mehr brauchst. Dazu gehören z.B. Kartons, Verpackungen, Tücher, ungeliebte Deko-Objekte, CD´s die Du sowieso nichtmehr hörst etc.
- Day: Heute geht es Deinem Schreibtisch an den Kragen. Räum ihn auf und wirf alles weg was Du nicht mehr brauchst. Sortiere lose Blätter in Ordner oder digitalisier sie (falls Du die Originale nicht mehr brauchst).
- Day: Today is Social Media Detox! Today the social media apps stay closed. Take a trip with your partner or friends.
- Day: Please sort out old care products or make-up items from your bathroom. By the way, "old" means everything you haven't used for two months.
- Day: Try not to spend money today. Today you get by with what you already have.
- DayToday it's the kitchen's turn! Clear out all kitchen appliances and other utensils that you no longer need. These you can give away or sell (ebay classifieds etc.)
- Day: Do you still have old toys or games (Wii, Playstation etc.) that you no longer need? Get rid of them! Today you sell them or donate them.
- Day: Eat the frog Day! Have you been putting off something around your apartment? Today you will do it.
- Day: Which magazines and books do you no longer need? Today you can sell them, give them away or throw them away.
- Day: : Sort out old, ugly or simply unworn shoes!
- Day: Use up the food you have. Look in your refrigerator and try today (and the next few days) to use up the food you already have. It's such a shame when they go bad and you already buy new.
- Day: Go through your social contacts on social media and "unfollow" those whose lives really don't interest you.
- Day: Break - Enjoy your day. Today you have no task.
- Day: Today it's your closet's turn. Sort out old, unattractive and unworn clothes!
- Day: Delete yourself from all newsletters that have been annoying you for a long time! Take a look at your "deleted objects". You will be amazed how many you simply "click away".
- Day: Look into your chat history on your smartphone and delete all unimportant ones completely (including media). You will see how much space you have at once again 🙂
- Day: Sort out today all the bags, cloth bags, bags and other bags that you will probably never use again anyway.
- Day: Dusting! Wipe the dust off all shelves and other surfaces today. Throw away everything that you need to dust, but means nothing to you.
- Day: Give away 5 things from your inventory to friends or family. It should be things that others can use, but mean nothing to you.
- Day: Get a rough overview of where you use the most plastic. Where can you save? Define an area that you will replace with reusable in the future.
- Day: Clean up your computer! Today please delete all data that are unnecessary. Sort documents and pictures into a clear system.
- Day: Today it's your car's turn. Clean it inside and clean up the glove compartment and the trunk. What can you dispose of everything?
- Day: Today it's your hobby's turn! Can you dispose of old hobby paraphernalia (sportswear, etc.)? Should you maybe even try something new? Dream a little bit!
- Day: Visit a second hand store near you and think about what you could buy here in the future without spending expensive money on a new acquisition.
- Day: Look around your home and think about where the products come from. Is there anything you can change in your consumption behavior?
- Day: Read a book about minimalism or visit a blog about minimalism and browse around. Get inspired!
- Day: Today it's your basement's turn! Since you get two days, take the basement and the garage (or the garden shed). Sort out everything that you manage in this short time and you no longer need.
- Day: See day 27
- Day: Grab a notebook and write down what you have learned in the last 28 days and what you want to keep.
- Day: Celebrate this month and send us an email to get your Life Score points.
Life Score points for the Minimalism Challenge
If you have completed the 30 days you can be proud of yourself! You have enriched your life with new experiences. You earned 50 Life-Score Points !
Murmeln für die Minimalismus Challenge
For the Minimalism Challenge, you can get the beautiful translucent marble. This has the following size:
- Transparent marble with a diameter of 20mm
If you want to have the marble, then we are very grateful for a montary coffee. You decide the amount. However, please note that we have about 1.20 Dollar postage costs. The rest of our coffee fund will go to reforestation as well as to the further development of the Timeless Challenge.
Please fill out the form below and write the amount for the marbles in the free text field "How much was the Challenge worth to you?”.
So kannst Du bei der Minimalismus Challenge mitmachen!
- Melde Dich kurz bei uns mit dem unten stehenden Formular an (zumindest wenn Du Interesse an den Murmeln hast), ansonsten kannst Du einfach so mitmachen. Beides ist gut für Dich und Deine Liebsten
- Nun musst Du die Challenge bewältigen. Du räumst Dein Umfeld nach unseren Vorschlägen 30 Tage lang auf
- Once you have completed this challenge, you must fill out the form below again, but this time let us know that you have completed the challenge. We will get back to you!
- If you post your pictures regarding the challenge on Instagram, Twitter, etc. anyway, then tag us @timeless_challenge and add the appropriate hashtag (see below).
The Minimalism Challenge on social media
Inspire other people with this challenge. We are convinced that it clarifies the view on things and creates awareness for really important things.
The Minimalism Challenge on Facebook
We invite you to join our Facebook group "Emotions" for an exchange.
Books around minimalism
If you want to know more about minimalism, we recommend the following books: