A Sport Challenge can be the last little motivation for you to do something for your health, to try a new sport or to bring a fitness program into your life, which you can continue even after the end of the Challenge. The following Sport Challenge ideas should give you the necessary push to get started, because that's exactly where challenges are unbeatable. Where you end up with it depends on you.
Our Timeless Challenge already offers you a variety of Sport Challenge ideas that you can try out and find valuable Life-Score Points to collect. Nevertheless, there are many more sporting challenges to discover, challenges that have not made it into our Timeless Challenge, but can still be meaningful and exciting for you.
That's why we offer you an overview of all the Sport Challenge ideas we could find or were made aware of on this page. Now it's time to try them out. Maybe you will find a new passion! You will definitely do something for your health and your self-confidence and you will be a role model for others.
What is a Sport Challenge?
During a Challenge, you follow a certain training plan over a predetermined period of time to achieve a personal athletic goal. You will not immediately get your dream body or become a top athlete, because for that you need long-term endurance and motivation. But you will make the first, important steps on the way to your athletic goal. And you will have fun!
With a Sport Challenge (Fitness Challenge) you challenge yourself to reach a certain sportive goal. You can challenge yourself alone against yourself and your own pig dog, or with a partner or even in a group.
You set a time period (e.g. 30 days) within which you want to do a certain workout, a new sport, a certain skill (e.g. pull-up, handstand, splits, etc.) or a different kind of challenge. You are free to set your own goals, but it has to fit you and be fun.
The sport challenges that we propose here are concrete ideas that have already been tested several times by others. You can of course vary them as you like, but just try it out. You will not regret it.
What is a Sport Challenge about?
You can set the goal of your Sport Challenge (Fitness Challenge) individually. Here are some examples of goals for a Sport Challenge:
- Physical and mental challenge: The thought of your Sport Challenge creates a positive pressure in you. The moment you enter a "done" in your training plan motivates you and shows you that you have come a small step closer to your goal.
- Constance: You do a workout every day (or every two days), no matter what. This way you train not only your body but also your mindset of "I do sports” zu “I am sportsman". The second self-image is much deeper and motivates you even in times when it is very difficult for you.
- Achieve your Sport Goal: You want to achieve a specific athletic or fitness goal with the challenge. This can be e.g. weight reduction, more endurance or a certain skill (e.g. learning handstands).
- Positive measurement with friends, colleagues or acquaintances: Who manages to achieve the most steps within one month? I think you understand what we mean 😉
- No alternative to your actual trainingA Sport Challenge should never be an alternative to your actual training. An exception might be some "full body fitness challenges". While a Sport Challenge can be a good introduction to regular training, it should never replace your actual training. It can, however, complement your training. For example, if you want to do 5 pull-ups in 30 days, then you can do the daily pull-up training as a challenge, in addition to your actual training. Of course, the Challenge will make you a better overall athlete, but it will not replace your actual training.
Why is a Sport Challenge useful?
- With routine to success: Sport Challenges usually have a limited, and therefore manageable duration. If you accept a 30-day challenge, for example, you are highly motivated because you know that your goal is clearly limited and doable. During this time you will develop a daily routine (habit), even if you only train for 5 minutes every day. You'll get used to it and you'll miss the exercise when the challenge time is over. But hey, just keep going!
- Break monotony: You know that regular exercise is important. But at some point, a certain monotony and boredom sets in. No matter whether you train alone at home, or whether you do sports with friends in the gym. You train somehow always the same and "alongside". That's where a Sport Challenge comes in handy! This gives you and your friends a new "kick" and puts a smile on your face.
- Success through community: Sport Challenges are usually done with a friend or (possibly virtually) in a community. This is much more fun than training alone and motivates you even in times when you don't really feel like it. But you will see how nice it is when you defeat your inner pig alone or with the help of the community again and again.
- Improve daily: Challenges are usually structured in such a way that you start very simply, but the challenge increases a little bit each day. If you had to start with the workload of the last day of the challenge, it would hardly be feasible. However, if you get a little bit better every day, you will see how you push your limits. It is a wonderful feeling to see what you are capable of.
- Better self-confidenceBy steadily increasing your performance through the Sport Challenge and achieving your goals, you will gain more and (justified) self-confidence. You will see that you can achieve almost anything in your life.
- Ongoing rewards motivate you to keep going: No matter if you want to run one kilometer every day, do 50 push-ups or walk 10,000 steps. You get the good feeling directly and on the same day, right after you have fulfilled your daily challenge goal. You can consider a task done and that motivates you again and again. Tip: For a specific celebration habit you do whenever you reach your daily goal. This little "reward habit" will help you stick to your exercise routine even on difficult days.
- Teambuilding: Eine gemeinsame Sport Challenge schweißt zusammen!
- Fit up to an advanced age: Sports and fitness challenges keep you healthy into old age. It doesn't matter so much what kind of sport you do. What matters is that you exercise consistently and regularly.
- Mitigate nutritional sinsYou probably know this too. As beautiful as the Christmas season or the vacation season are, we often eat too much during these times. And we would notice this on the scale, unless.... we do a Sport Challenge during this time. You can set your Sport Challenge (e.g. a fitness workout every day for two weeks) during these "sinful" times and prevent them from becoming a complete disaster.
How do I find the Sport Challenge that is right for me?
You will in the following from 04.10.2022 (start of the Timeless Challenge) you will find a sorted and extensive listing of different sports and fitness challenges.
We will briefly introduce you to each one and try to convey its appeal to you. In addition, you will learn whether it is more suitable for beginners or advanced, how long it takes and what the advantages are. Basically, when choosing from our large list, you should ask yourself the following questions
How long should the Sport Challenge last?
Sport Challenges can last anywhere from a week to a year (in rare cases even longer). But most fitness and sports challenges last about 30 days, because this period is manageable and at the same time enough that you can see changes and you can establish habits. Because 30 days is a manageable amount of time and still provides enough time to drive change and establish a new routine. We recommend short challenges, especially if you are new to challenges. The shorter your Sport Challenge is, the easier it is to stay motivated. But also yearly challenges have their appeal. However, you need to plan better and make arrangements with your loved ones.
What goal is important to you?
Think carefully about whether you can support your goals with the Challenge!
- Do you want to try a particular sport or get better at it?
- Do you want to learn a specific exercise?
- Do you have a health goal like "reduce stress", "lose weight", "increase stamina", "eliminate back pain" or even have a beautiful body?
Other criteria of choosing the right Sport Challenge
- What equipment do you need for the Challenge? For example, if you want to learn pull-ups, you will need a pull-up bar. Before choosing the Challenge, think about whether you can afford it.
- Do you want to challenge against your inner dog or do a team challenge?
- Fitness level: Are you a beginner, advanced or already an experienced athlete?
Sport Challenge Ideas (sorted alphabetically)
Below you will find Sport Challenge ideas of different types and for every fitness level and for different time periods. Whenever you see a logo, this challenge is also part of the Timeless Challenge.
|Sports Challenge Name||Logo (Timeless Challenge)||Short explanation||Requirement||Duration|
|1000 Obstacles||Conquer 1000 obstacles in official OCR races||Advanced||Unlimited|
|AD-Challenge||Release from 04.10.2022 (Timeless Challenge Start)||All||365 days|
|Baby Shark Challenge||Train this short Baby Shark Abdominal Workout daily. Don't let the little girls fool you. This is badass!||Advanced||30 days|
|Belly (away) Challenge||Practice the following exercises daily:|
2 x 12 Crunches
2 x 15 Bicycle Crunches
2 x 30 seconds plank
2 x 15 Reverse Crunches
|Bike Challenge||Ride my bike to the grocery store and to work/school every day||Beginner||30 days|
|Bring Sally Up Challenge||Do squats to music every day! Put on the song "Flower" by Moby and go to "Sally down" down, at "Sally up" up again. Do this once a day for 30 days. Then you've done 900 squats!||Beginner||30 days|
|Burpee Challenge||Do two more burpees each day than the day before. Start with 10!||Beginner||30 days|
|Hanging Challenge||Hang out and increase your grip strength and mobility of your shoulders with the Hanging Challenge||All||30 days|
|Hula Hoop Challenge||Train your core muscles with the Hoola Hoop and the following plan:|
You start with 3 minutes (day 1 and 2). Every third day you increase by one minute (e.g. 4 minutes on day 3 and 4, 5 minutes on day 5 and 6 etc.).
|Lakes Challenge||Release from 04.10.2022 (Timeless Challenge Start)||Advanced||365 days|
|Plank Challenge||Plank every day one minute||Beginner||30 days|
|Pushup Challenge||Release from 04.10.2022 (Timeless Challenge Start)||Beginner||30 days|
|Back Fit Challenge||Do two sets of three exercises (Youtube) every day that strengthen your back.||Beginner||100 Tage|
|Steps Challenge||You need a pedometer (app or watch). Now you will collect at least 10,000 steps every day.||Beginner||30 days|
|Splits Challenge||Everybody can learn to do the splits. But you need to practice regularly.||Beginner||365 days|
|Jump Rope Challenge||Learn to jump rope and practice one minute every day||Beginner||30 days|
|Squat Challenge||Start with 50 squats and increase the volume by one squat per day||Beginner||30 days|
|Streak Running||Run at least one mile (1.6km) every day -. runeveryday.com||Beginner||unlimited|
|Summit Challenge||Can you manage 25, 50 or even 100 summits in a year?||Beginners, advanced||365 days|
|Dance Challenge||Devote 30 days to dancing with your partner. Take a dance class and practice diligently (every day).||Beginner||30 days|
|Stairs Challenge||Climb 100 stairs every day||Beginner||30 days|
How do I start with a Sport Challenge?
You are fully motivated to start a new sport challenge and have a good reason, a drive that makes you really fire under your butt and ignites the anticipation in you. If you have respect, maybe even some insecurity about the size of the challenge, then that's exactly right. You will develop the fastest if you leave your comfort zone a little bit.
Realize that at the end of your Sport Challenge you will have reached a new level with your skills, personality and fitness level. And the way there is fun!
We have found that the best time to start a challenge is at the beginning of the week or month. People love clear time frames and can motivate themselves better if they can visualize time frames exactly. That's why week, month or year beginnings are so popular. This is also the reason why people like to set resolutions at the beginning of the year.
But of course you can also start immediately! In any case, you should make sure to take the first step in the direction of a Sport Challenge immediately after you have decided on it. This can be the creation of a concrete plan, the purchase of necessary equipment for the challenge, the persuasion of a training partner or even the gathering of information about a sport or a certain movement. The important thing is that you show yourself that you mean business. "Just do it" is the motto!
We encourage you to celebrate! Celebrate immediately each time you accomplish your daily Challenge goal. This can be a simple victory fist, a little victory dance, a shout or just proudly writing the "done" notation in your challenge calendar. You'll find that your little "celebration ritual" motivates you. There are athletes who do their sport because of the feeling of celebration after the sport. And almost all athletes say about themselves that "the good feeling after" definitely plays a big role in their own motivation. So celebrate every time you achieve your daily Sport Challenge goal!
You should visualize your challenge on a calendar and hang it up in a visible place where you often pass by. For example, if you have set yourself a 30 day sports challenge, then print out a calendar for these 30 days and write down each individual unit for the corresponding calendar day. Leave some space, because you need it to write "done" or "rocked" or "done" or something else motivating after the successful unit. I slowly and solemnly cross out the unit in my calendar with a red sharpie! That way, after a few days, I can see that I'm on a good path and the red crosses are getting more and more. This is part of my celebration ritual and I enjoy it!
So once you have chosen your Sport Challenge, got everything you need for it, your calendar with the units is described and you have planned exactly when and where you do your units, you can start!
Top tip: Try to motivate your friends to join your challenge. This can also be done virtually on social media, it doesn't matter. The main thing is that you can exchange ideas with other people. Of course, "face to face" is nicer and more motivating, but as I said, virtual can also be fun.
An additional motivation can of course be our "Timeless Challenge", because you get after a successful completion of many of the challenges listed here Life-Score Points. Just read the details about the Timeless Challenge. It will interest you.
When should you not start a Sport Challenge?
If you have a viral infection, an injury or are not healthy on any other level, you should postpone the start of your challenge. Your immune system is weakened and athletic exertion can overtax your body. In these cases you belong in bed and not in a Challenge!
What can I do if things don't work out?
You started your Sport Challenge with a lot of enthusiasm and motivation, you delivered the first days and your training calendar already shows the first "done". But at work overtime is the order of the day, in the family the pressure to contribute to the household is increasing and your friends are starting to complain that they hardly see you anymore......
So it gets harder to continue your Sport Challenge. While we realize that there are indeed weighty life events that make it nearly impossible to complete a Challenge, we have the following tips for times when things don't go as you might have imagined:
- Create awareness: If you encounter obstacles during your Sport Challenge, it's annoying, but normal. Even with a 30-day Sport Challenge, i.e. over a short, manageable period of time, there will be days when it will be hard to meet your Challenge goal. Be aware of that and don't complain about your fate. It happens to everyone. That is just part of it. Straighten your crown and keep going!
- Obstacles and setbacks are the real "challenge: Honestly, the actual sports challenge is usually only part of the challenge. You probably know this from other everyday challenges. Most of the time, unforeseen obstacles cost the most energy. But solving them gives you a good feeling and moves you and your personality forward.
- Compulsory break? No problem! If you have to skip a day in your sport routine, just continue the day after and don't let the break pull you down. But never, never miss your routine goal twice in a row, because with two days break, the break becomes the new routine.
Tips around Sport Challenges
- Use unproductive times: Do you know this? You are in an online meeting and actually you are just listening. You can use that time for something useful like doing some squats, or at least sitting up straight. Or the time while you cook something and you wait until the casserole is ready. This is also a time in which you can occupy yourself with your Challenge.
- Healthy nutrition as a booster: The combination of the Sport Challenge and a healthy diet increases the effect you achieve. Adjust your eating habits (at least in parts) and you can achieve more than just through the Challenge. It's like having a strong engine but giving it the wrong fuel. It will not work.
- TOP in case of pain or overload: ou want to achieve something positive for yourself and your health with your Sport Challenge. For this you will exceed personal limits. But you should never continue training with pain or obvious overload. No matter how motivated you are, never turn off your head and take care of your body. You only have one!
- Become stronger while sleeping: Your body will be heavily stressed during the Sport Challenge and you should give it the opportunity to regenerate. Only during regeneration you will become stronger. The most natural way of regeneration is sleep. So plan to get enough sleep during the Challenge. This can be a little longer than usual.
- Drink enough! Depending on the type of Sport Challenge, you may need significantly more fluid to maintain the balance in your body due to sweating. Therefore, you should make sure to drink enough during the Challenge (and otherwise). Between two and three liters of water per day should be enough.
Sport challenge ideas for a day
You wake up and you know, "Today I have to do something special, today I want to try something new". That's exactly what the following is about. We would like to give you a few sport challenge ideas that are suitable as a challenge for a day or even as an "additional challenge" for a workout, a game etc.
By the way, these sports challenge ideas are also great if you're looking for something fun for your social media channel.
|Name of the Sport Challenge||How this challenge works||Note|
|100x Challenge||You can do this challenge as a 100 rep challenge or as a 1000 rep challenge. Choose a few exercises and do them until you reach 100 (or 1000).||Sample Challenges:|
|Figure run||Run a GPS figure with your run tracking app! Which figure can you achieve? For this sport challenge you really only need a tracking watch or run tracking app (e.g. Starva, Runtastic etc.) on your cell phone. |
Now you plan a figure (e.g. a heart) in your city, on forest paths or in the field and run it. The bigger the figure is, the more beautiful it will look in your app.
You can also do this sport challenge as a "dog walk". Plan your walk with your dog and bring more fun into the walk 🙂
|If you want to share your masterpiece, use our hashtag #tcpicturerun or|
|Soccer goal race with grip strength||You run from one soccer goal to another and hang there for 20 seconds without touching the ground. How often can you do that?||This is what it looks like|
|Toilet paper in the basket||his challenge is mega fun. You need a few (about 10) toilet paper rolls and a basket. Now you try to bring the toilet paper rolls into the basket in different ways, but of course without hands. Need some ideas? Check out the video for the toilet paper challenge 🙂 .|