You certainly know people you look forward to every time. With such people you enjoy every minute, because time with these people is real "quality time". Time with such people is interesting, exciting and pleasant.
But what is the reason for that?
Paul Watzlawick once said "You can't not communicate!". And it is precisely this circumstance that makes a person interesting, likeable and desirable time with him.
But a person communicates not only with words. Facial expressions, gestures and posture also contribute to communication.
This means that good communication depends on the following factors:
- the content of what is said,
- an open, respectful attitude,
- Pausing for irritation
- honest facial expressions and
- authentic statements
But that also means that everyone can learn good communication. And that's the reason and the point of the Captive Audience Challenge. You are supposed to improve your communication until you capture your audience in a positive sense. The goal is for both parties, you and your audience, to spend an interesting and valuable time together and not kill time with boring phrases.
A new challenge every Monday! Stay informed!
How does good communication work?
- Do not give unsolicited advice.
- Do not infer from yourself to the general public.
- Let other people finish.
- Avoid monologues.
- Announce the need to speak.
- Make personal statements instead of asking.
- Send first-person messages (e.g., "I have recently been able to observe that.....").
- Speak to others directly.
- Speak only when you have the word.
- Practice consideration.
These are a few examples of what you can improve in your communication, but there is so much more!
How does the Captive Audience Challenge work?
As a first step, we recommend you read a good book about good communication. You need to know what the "should" be before you can improve. You can find examples of good communication books at the bottom of this page.
Once you know what you can improve in your communication, pick the most important point. Work on it consciously for 30 days and try to get better every day.
Once you've done that, you've earned your first Life Score points. But now you've really only just begun. Keep going! If you think you've mastered your first point very well, then spend the next 30 days learning and practicing the next communication skill. And then the next month, another new one, and so on. You get Life Score points for each month, up to a year. Then you should have reached a completely different level in your communication. And your environment will have noticed that long ago.
How to participate in the Captive Audience Challenge
- Please register with us using the form below (at least if you are interested in the marbles), otherwise you can just join in. Both is good for your environment and you.
- Now you need to be open and improve your communication.
- Once you have completed this challenge, you must fill out the form below again, but this time let us know that you have completed the challenge. We will get back to you!
- If you post your pictures regarding the challenge on Instagram, Twitter, etc. anyway, then tag us @timeless_challenge and add the appropriate hashtag (see below).
Life-Score Points für die Captive Audience Challenge
For each month you actively improve your communication (with a clear goal), you will receive 10 Life-Score points and the beautiful red marble (area "Relationships") with a diameter of 16mm. For a whole year we offer you 100 Life-Score points. But the added value you give yourself is priceless! This would be the beautiful marble in red (area "Relationships") with a diameter of 25mm.
Die Captive Audience Challenge auf Social Media
You may want to share your experience with the Captive Audience Challenge and inspire others. We offer you a variety of opportunities to do so. However, the best option is personal communication 😉
The Captive Audience Challenge on Facebook
You can contact us through communication on our Facebook page "Relationships".